Friday, July 25, 2008

Manuel Álvarez Bravo



Manuel Álvarez Bravo
The Lovers of the False Moon
1972-1974

Gelatin silver print
Asociación Manuel Álvarez Bravo AC
© Asociación Manuel Alvarez Bravo AC

"I have always been interested in art, and I lived under the illusion (very widespread at the time) that photography was the simplest form of artistic expression. When I recall my experiments in other artistic disciplines in those years, I realize that I have finally found my path." (Manuel Álvarez Bravo)

Manuel Álvarez Bravo is the most well known of Latin American artist photographers with a body of work that extended from the 1920s until the 1990s. In 2005 the Asociación Manuel Álvarez Bravo AC was founded by his family to catalog his negatives and prints, preserve them, exhibit his work and to move towards opening a museum. The association which controls rights and permissions can be contacted at:

Asociación Manuel Alvarez Bravo AC
Espíritu Santo 76 Barrio del Niño Jesús Del. Coyoacán CP 04330 México DF
Phone: 56 58 46 45
Mail: info@manuelalvarezbravo.org
manuelalvarezbravo.org

I'd like to thank Aurelia Alvarez Urbajtel, the Asociación Manuel Álvarez Bravo AC and Gery Cichowlas for their assistance with this exhibition.

There is an online exhibition of this series on Luminous-Lint.

No comments: